Search This Blog

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Who is Teaching Whom?

I love seeing the individual personalities come out of our kids as they grow up and become themselves.
 
Landon is very thoughtful and thorough.  He analyzes everything and has to break everything down step by step.  We call him "Rainman" and I swear he is going to build bridges in the sky when he grows up!
 
And there is Caroline.  She is happy and loveable.  She loves to be independent (as much as one can at 11 weeks old!) but is a snuggler as well.  I see big things from her!
 
Then there is Avery.  She is a spitfire!!  She always wants to be heard, and always has something to say.  She has always been very smart and articulate, but is such a sweetheart too. 
Recently she has been a little (or big!) voice in making me realize something very important.
 
Her new favorite thing is to go around and "sing" a song she learned at VBS a couple weeks ago.  She will dance around and just sing to herself "God loves me.  He made me very special". 
 
I had not heard that song before, but I hear it often now!
 
The past few days she has been talking a lot about Jesus as well and how she wants to go to church to "see Jesus".  She will pick up my Bible and tell me she will hold my "book" and read it to me.
 
As the parent, aren't I supposed to be the one to guide her and teach her how to love God and grow into a faithful Christian? 
 
I think, lately, it has been the other way around.  Her little voice has had some BIG things to say and it has really made me think about how much she absorbs and how moldable they are at this age.  I also see how smart she is and how much I can learn from her
 
It shouldn't be hard or a burden to love God and grow in my faith.
 
It should be a joyful experience that my kids see and want to follow.
 
Maybe instead of getting stuck in a rut of pride and over-independence, I should take a cue from my 2 year old!  She sure has a lot of knowledge to share.
 






1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I believe that nothing can show you the heart of Jesus more than a precious child.

    ReplyDelete