Search This Blog

Monday, October 1, 2012

I decorated....and it's not even Christmas!

So for those of you who know me, you know I am not exactly a Martha Stewart type gal.

I mean, if it is not Christmas, my decorations consist of a jack-o-lantern and maybe a hand towel for the other odd holidays.

Really nothing special.

BUT, this year, I don't know what possessed me!

I went into full decorating mode and made my porch/front door area look ready for fall!

Check it out!

It all started when I came across Mona in Wal-Mart.

Meet Mona:

She and I just hit it off right away and I decided she needed to come home with me.

Then I saw this wreath and I was sold!

Of course, my first thought was "The wind is going to destroy this wreath!"

Then I thought "But it would be a perfect excuse to FINALLY get that storm door I have wanted but just didn't want to bite the bullet and spend the money on".

So......off to Home Depot we go for a storm door.

Isn't it puuurrrty?!

While at Home Depot, I noticed these pretty nifty hay bales that were bigger and cheaper than the ones at Wal-Mart.

Add on the pumpkins and gourds that were also bigger and cheaper than those at Wally World, and ta-dah, we have a lovely little fall "centerpiece"!

It also came with a royal mess!!!
Do you know how messy hay bales are in the back of your car??

Anyway, I may have done a little "faux pas" (or a no-no) in decorator standards, but I put out my super cute pumpkin lights along the sidewalk too, even though they are technically Halloween, not "fall".

Landon had fun setting them up and seeing them at night, so I figure whatever!

I like them!

I even did a little decorating indoors as well!

Nothing fancy, just a couple dish towels and a bowl full of delicious Honey Crisp apples.

At least there was a bowl full......

Avery decided she liked gnawing on apple slices and Landon just likes to eat!

As long as they always look this cute eating my decorations, they can have at it!


Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment