Search This Blog

Monday, May 28, 2012

Adam-isms

So I know I usually blog about funny things the kids do, but you all should know that Adam is right up there with some of the stuff he says and does.

For example....

After a rather windy, stormy day in Iowa, I get a call on my way home from work.
Adam:  "Did you pay the trash bill this month?"
Me:  "Of course!  Why?"
Adam:  "The trash can must have gotten repossessed.  It's not here!"
Me:  "Could it maybe have blown away??  Are there other things blown around?"
Adam:  "Well, yeah.  Ok then."


Adam considers himself to be robbed when his lunch box is missing any one of the following items:
-chips
-fruit snacks (2 packs)
-cheese stick
-carrots or cucumbers with peppercorn Ranch dip (seriously!)
-crackers (Wheat Thins or Triscuit)
-cheese crackers
-yogurt (strawberry or peach only)
-fork AND spoon
-2 drinks (combinations can vary)


Adam likes shrimp, but only if the tail is on.
Does he eat the meat in the tail?
No.
He doesn't want to eat the "shrimp poop".


If having a conversation with Adam, refrain from using the words "flatulence" or "flamboyant".
In his head, they are interchangeable.


If something is broken, Adam will fix it.
He will use at least one of the following items, no matter what the project:
-duct tape
-Gorilla glue
-zip ties
-electrical tape
-plywood
-staple gun


When Adam and I were at church once, he started franticly digging in my wallet at offering time.
Me:  "What are you doing?"
Adam:  "We have to put money in the plate!"
Me:  "Why?"
Adam:  "I am already on the fast track!  I need something to be in my favor!"


Ask Adam what his favorite part of his day was.
On any given day, using Q-Tips in his ears after a shower will rank Top 3!


While packing for a trip to KC, Adam insists that he can pack his own bag.
Fine with me!
Once in KC, Adam says "You forgot to pack me any underwear!"
I said "I didn't pack for you this time, remember?"
Adam:  "Oh yeah.  You should have known better!"
And off to Wal-Mart we went.


Whenever I have been pregnant, Adam refers to the impending birth as the most Redneck phrase ever!
"Throwing a pup"
Really??!!


Adam hates having anything in his nostrils.
So, he picks out whatever is in there.
His favorite finding is always the "bungee boogie".
Just ask him about that....


On several occasions, Adam will turn his head to the left while driving to sneeze.
If only he rolled down the window first....


I could go on all day about the things Adam does and says that crack me up, but pretty soon nap time will be over!
I love you babe!  Even if you are a complete goober!


1 comment:

  1. LOL and that is why we love him!! I seriously couldn't stop laughing the entire time I was reading this!!!

    ReplyDelete