Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Sweet Caroline....the first week

Has it only been a week??!!
 
In so many ways, it feels like it has been so much longer than one week since little Caroline joined our family, but at the same time, it seems like the days fly by. 
 
Maybe that is because days and nights all blend together into one long feeding schedule.....
 
Anyway, her journey with us began one short week ago, and it has been going very well since. 
 
I went in for my induction last Wednesday, just to begin laboring on my own!  I suppose we were on the same page there!
 
Only a couple hours later, I had the magic epidural and then within the hour she was here....all 7 lbs. 9 oz. and 20 inches of her.
 
Apparently I don't like to waste time with labor.....when it is go time, we go!
 
As soon as she came out, we were smitten......
 
 

 
We spent a lot of time in the hospital just doing this:   

 
Of course the big siblings came to visit.....
 
And then at home we have just settled into a routine of hanging out and snuggling.... 
 
 
The kids are more than willing to keep her entertained while I get things done.....apparently people still need clean clothes and dinner!
 
We have found out how to travel as well, and have resumed regular grocery and Target trips!  Plus we got to get out the massive double stroller to enjoy the delicious weather we have. 
 
Good thing she is happy with my method of working around the house with a baby.....it is a life saver, I tell ya!
 
And with all the plain staring at her we have been doing this week, we have come to a rather obvious conclusion.....have you noticed how much her and Landon look alike??!!  If not for the 4 1/2 years between them, I would say twins!!
 
Landon:
 
Caroline:
 
We will see what the next week brings.....
So far, she is the typical baby.  She eats, sleeps, and poops! 
Couldn't really ask for anything different.....except maybe a couple more hours sleep.....

No comments:

Post a Comment