Search This Blog

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Labor of Love

"Good things come to those who wait"
 
"All in due time"
 
"Nothing good comes easy"
 
"Patience is a virtue"
 
You have heard all the phrases and "words of wisdom" regarding time and patience (which I have none of, by the way)......
 
I am certain that all of the above apply to me today.
 
I am positive that this baby and delivery are not going to come easy, quickly, or without my unwavering patience.....oi!
 
In case anyone is wondering, there is no baby yet, at least not on the outside!  She is still very comfortable inside and seems to like to call "wolf" every now and again.
 
Yesterday, contractions began and off to the hospital I went.  I got hooked up, things progressed (slowly, but progress was made), and then it slowed down.  The doctor said it may take a while, so would you be more comfortable at home?? Sure.....but please do not let me miss my window to come in and get undressed before baby comes (hello, Avery!).
 
So home I went. A few hours and bigger, more intense contractions later, I went back to the hospital.  They hooked me up, progress had been made, contractions continued, and then they slowed.  Again.
 
According to the magic books doctors use, I am still considered pre-term, even though Avery was here at this point and Landon was only 48 hours away.
 
The magic diagnosis...while I am home and active, I am making labor happen.  When I go to the hospital and sit still, things slow.  And they can't let me walk around or do anything to "encourage" pre-term labor.
 
So, I am home......contracting and uncomfortable, but I have options:
1.  Water breaks, as with Landon
2.  Contractions are so intense and I am complete, leading to the 45 minute drop, as with Avery
3.  I sit still for about 5 or 6 days to be considered "term" and go back in
 
We are going with option 4.....go about regular activity and see what happens. 
 
At this point, I figure I am promised to have nothing normal about any of my births, so why not throw a few zingers in this one too??
 
At least I can take the kids to the Easter egg hunt today!  And maybe see them all cute for Easter tomorrow.
 
But Miss Caroline, I am ready!!!  No more teasing, make up your mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment