Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

New Addition: The Story

Ok, so every time someone has a baby, there are always "the questions" that everyone asks and the story they want to hear about labor, delivery, stats, yaddi yaddi yah....

And, of course, I am one of those people.  I want to know how it went, what the experience was like, you know....just being nosy! 

So, while I have time, and before I forget it all, here is The Story of
Avery Bennett Miller:

Labor started on Saturday night, right after I put Landon to bed.  Good timing, I know!  :)

After a phone call to my mother-in-law to confirm what I was feeling were indeed contractions, I called the doctor and said I would more than likely be in soon.

I called Adam at work to have him come home; tonight was going to be The Night!

Uncle Kevin and Aunt Pam came over to sit with Landon.  Thier request was only that I didn't go into labor on Sunday since we were expected to have a pretty heavy snow storm.....I stayed within the rules!  :)

On our way to the hospital, contractions got WAY heavy and deep breathing turned into shouts and screams.

Finally all checked in to the hospital and in my room at 1:50 AM.  I still had to wait to see the resident doctor before I could be checked and before any meds could be ordered.

Resident doctor came in, quickly checked my progress, and told the nurses to get the doctor NOW.

Immediately, I looked at her and said "Why?" She said I was ready......too late for meds.

Now the pain mixed with complete fear....

I am by no means too proud to say that the meds are a HUGE part as to why I was willing to have another baby!

So, no meds, doctor ready and suited up to play "catch", water broken, and here she comes!

Thankfully, only 2 pushes and Avery was here!

She came at 2:41 AM, only 50 minutes after I was admitted to the hospital.....FAST!

And even though it was probably the single most painful experience I could ever imagine, it all seems worth it in the end.
7 lbs 3 oz, 18.7 inches long, and all that dark hair!
 
Adam is a proud Daddy all over again!

Landon was excited for his new toy!  :)
And now we are home and settling into our new routine....

The End.

*For now, of course!*






1 comment:

  1. She's beautiful!!!!! Congrats on a gorgeous little girl, and a speedy delivery! My epi wore off when Kali was crowning, so I got to feel the "ring of fire" and all that jazz as well. I basically got out of the contractions...yay! So glad to hear you're doing well! :-)

    ReplyDelete