Search This Blog

Friday, February 17, 2012

Adopted Grandparents

It is no secret that I married into an amazing family!

Yes, Millers, I said it....get your snickers and "told you so's" out of the way!  :)

But, yesterday, I was reminded that just because you are not blood related does not mean you are not family.

Adam doesn't have any grandparents anymore, although he does have a Great Aunt Phyllis and Great Uncle Elzie from his Grandpa Booth that lives just north of us in Silver Bay.

They are the sweetest, most awesome people on the planet!!  They are so glad we moved up here and since we are so close, we get to see them pretty often!  :)

Uncle Elzie is the one responsible for all the hand-crafted wood pieces we have all over the house.
Some examples:
I know, stinkin' awesome, huh??

So, anyway, they came through Duluth and we met for lunch (at the best place EVER!.....more on that another time!)

Landon loves hanging out with Uncle Elzie!
And, of course, he was made an official member of Monkey Butt Construction!
They both loved seeing the pictures from the last MBC project!
And can I just tell you how thoughtful they are?!! Aunt Phyllis brought her wool cape all the way down with her so that if we ever get a real winter before I have the baby, I have something that covers me up! They always send little notes to ask how things are going, or phone calls to touch base.  And they will always come for any occasion! 

Although I do still have two grandparents, they live a far way away, and it is hard to keep up all the time.  So, it is nice to have adopted Uncle Elzie and Aunt Phyllis as "local grandparents"! 
Thanks for sharing them, Miller's (and Booth's)! 

1 comment: