Search This Blog

Friday, October 31, 2014

A Wedding and a Honeymoon(ish)

So, this past weekend was The Weekend!
 
My bestie got hitched!!  It still takes some getting used to in order to call her a "Mrs.", but then again, I still think it's weird that I am a "Mrs.".  Anyway, it was absolutely lovely!!
 
The wedding was out in Asheville, North Carolina.....so gorgeous in the fall!!  Adam and I, Caroline, and my mom flew out for a long weekend.
 
Caroline went on her first plane trip and did an awesome job!
 
Then we drove from Charlotte to Asheville.  Baby slept, mom talked, we goofed.... 
 
Adam kept screaming "I see the mountains!!!  Take a picture, take a picture!!!" 
So, I took some pictures.... 

 
Amy, the bride, had all of us in the wedding party stay at these cabins out in the woods.  Again, not quite sure what to expect until we got there.....breathtaking!!  Check out our cabin!!  Notice the hot tub???  AND.....we had a pac-n-play in the cabin for Caroline, but it fit better in my mom's room, so she offered to take the baby in her room with her!!!  Now do you see where I got the "honeymoon" part from?..... 
 

 
This little dock area screamed "photo location"... 
 
We spent one day just perusing around downtown Asheville.  Lazy day, relaxing, wonderful! 
 
We hit up this old-time ice cream soda fountain place and this beauty called my name!  No worries.....I did not waste a drop! 
 
I even shared a bite....
 
Mom was happy.....
 
That evening we left Caroline with the babysitter (aka Mom) and headed to the rehearsal dinner.  Date night!!! 
 
The festivities included karaoke.  It only seemed fitting we give our best shot at our own rendition of "Mmmbop".  I may regret sharing this later......
 
So, after toasting away Amy's last night of single lady-hood, we tucked her into bed and got ready for the Big Day! 
 
So, lemme tell ya....it is super fun to put 8 gals together and get all gussied up!  We had the whole glam squad working away at us for HOURS!!!
 
The bride..... 


 
For some time, I had TWO stylists figuring out my hair.....must have been a challenge! 
 
Rocking the curly 'do....
 
And here we are....all purtied up for the wedding! 
 
Seriously, gorgeous bride!! 
 
I thought I cleaned up pretty well too.....I mean, it took 3 people and several hours for this!  Oi! 
 
Adam and Caroline got all snazzy too....
 
Here we go.....
 
 
I don't think the venue or the weather could have been any more perfect for this!  It was beautiful!!! 
 
The wedding was great and the reception was amazing!!   
 


 
 
Want to know something really cool?? Amy is really good at keeping in touch with people and keeping friendships going, so there were several people at the wedding from middle school!!  I am talking over 15 years ago!  It was so awesome to see friends from the past and get to reconnect! 
Here is the Summit Middle School crew:
 
The Mr. and Mrs.!!!
 
I think we have decided to add Asheville to the "When we get an RV and can travel more" list.  Although, another "honeymoon" type trip would be even better......
 
Many congrats to Amy and Geoff!Z

1 comment:

  1. Just absolutely gorgeous! What a great place to have a wedding. All the girls look so pretty.

    I heard someone admit recently that she has Hansen on her Itunes and I thought of you. :)

    Tell your mom hi!

    ReplyDelete