Search This Blog

Monday, April 15, 2013

Odds and Ends...

Not too much going on around here lately....at least not anything MAJOR.
 
Of course, a new chair isn't exactly major, but it was  noteworthy to me.
 
So anyway, some happenings:
 
We made a craft in MOPs the other day....
Painted plates.
 
I thought it was super easy and fun, so we thought it would be a great gift for Landon's teacher at the end of the year.
 
He loved to paint!! 
 
All he kept saying was "This is for Miss Mowfah"......Ms. Martha. 
 
Turned out pretty good!
I did the design then he painted all over to add his own touch.... 
 
Bailey finally got a haircut....she looks so purty! 
 
I wish I had a before picture, but some may turn me in for animal neglect.......
 
I am sure you all have seen the posts and comments.....we are having unusually winter-esque weather right now.
 
Makes us feel a little cooped up and tired.
 
One side of me wishes this was NOT part of our daily activities:
Yes, that is him snowblowing after a blizzard....yesterday.
 
But, there is still a small part of me that wishes we could just skip the spring and wet season, since under all our snow is this for a backyard:

We extended the yard and brought in TONS of dirt last year.  As soon as the mud is semi gone, we will bring in grass and make it an actual yard!
 
Avery's new thing is accessorizing these days.  She is a girl, after all.
 
Her favorite is the bungee cords....
 
But anything, like even a dish towel, will work as well.
 
Speaking of dish towels, Landon can get pretty wild and will start whipping it around.  Usually he is told to stop and if he doesn't I start counting.  The smart booger has decided that now that he can count, he will beat me to 3.
Here he is telling me "two, fwee!"  
 
We went to the circus yesterday.  It went well; no huge issues and Landon seemed thoroughly entertained.  Of course, that was partly due to the large quantities of cotton candy.....
Nonetheless, here are some highlights:
 
Avery saying "Mom, Mom, Mom....." I think that meant to come on and let's check this place out!
 
Landon met the clowns.  As soon as he found out they gave candy, he was rather bold!
 
Watching the ponies take kids for a ride..... 
 
Landon had his turn on a pony, too.....not as fun as the elephants he really wanted to ride, but fun enough! 
 
In our seats, sitting nicely....... 
 
....for a minute at least!
 
Remember the cotton candy??  It was everywhere by the time we left! 
 
For just about all the show, Landon sat and watched.......I think it was a sugar coma! 
 
Luckily, Avery gave some relief and napped through most of the first half and intermission!
 
One of the thoughts I have been having often these days is "what am I going to do with the kids once our activities are over for the year and we STILL have snow outside??".
 
Well, we have one option for Thursdays......open gym at the gymnastics school in town!
 
Avery loves the mats.....
 
Landon could spend the entire day on the trampoline!
 
And they both have such a blast on the bouncy house! 
 

 
Hopefully, we will have sunshine soon and we can just play outside!!
 
I have to tell you some of the new phrases around here, too.......
 
When Adam left for work one day, Landon says to me "You misses Daddy?"
He was asking if I missed him, but the way it sounded, I said "Yep, I am Mrs. Daddy".
I liked it!
 
Landon has been making "fowats" under the coffee table......."forts" for those who missed that!
Avery loves to make him mad by pulling them down!
 
Lately, this kid has been wanting to be thisclose to me ALL day long!
The other day, I was sitting down to fold laundry and he sat on the other side of the couch and said "I am sitting here to be wif you......my hat is here too.....on my head".
Good thing the man of the house is keeping me safe!
 
And this one.......Oh my!
If the pantry isn't shut, she is right in there to grab bags of cereal.
Does it look like she has missed any meals?! 
 
Her newest thing, though, is to bounce up and down when she is standing or holding on to something.  I asked her "Are you bouncing?".
She replies by bouncing up and down saying "Bow, bow" with this huge grin on her face.
Stinker!
 
And finally, since I can't exactly get outside to get some color, I have purchased some of this lotion:
 
While it is working to give me a slight bit of color, it stinks to high heaven!!!
 
So if I run into anyone in the near future, I apologize for the odor.......
.....but feel free to tell me I look sun-kissed!
 
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment