Search This Blog

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Call me Lucy

You remember Lucy making the wine on "I Love Lucy"?? 
 
Smooshing the grapes with her bare feet and dancing around with her dress tied between her legs?
 
Hilarious, by the way!!!
 
When the neighborhood ladies put together a wine making evening, I had immediate images of toes in grapes and awkward faces as the fruit squished between each of my toe crevices.....
 
But, good thing it was much more modern and sanitary....and FUN!!
 
It all started with some sampling.
 
Now, lemme tell ya, I have never been a fan of wine and I wasn't expecting this time to be any different, but I may have been converted!!
 
Especially when you make what you like yourself!!
 
You start with the cures and preservatives...
 
Then you add the flavor and yummy stuff... 
 
And you stir, stir, stir.....NOT so much like Lucy with the bucket of grapes and toes.... But a fun apron, nonetheless!
This flavor was the Strawberry Riesling.
 
Deb mixed up the Blueberry Acai.....yummmmmmo!
 
And Katie did the Banana Pineapple....sounds odd, I know, but ooooooohhhh! 
 
Once they are all mixed, we labeled them and then we wait about 2 months. 
 
In between mixing and tasting, we had time to goof off and take some "selfies".
Deb was having a reeeeeally good time!
 
Smile, Tina! 
 
We are an awesome group, I tell ya!! 
 
Hahahahaha, it was a blast doing this!  I can't wait till we get to go bottle it up and bring it home.
I think there will be a block party that day.... 
 
After making and tasting all the wine, we went out to eat (and maybe to take further advantage of our babysitters.....)
 
Liz was a hoot!!!
 
Stay tuned for Part Two when we get to bottle it and bring it home! 
 
Yeah, I know you all wish you were part of the Kingsbury Peeps now!

No comments:

Post a Comment