Search This Blog

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Back to Reality....

Alright, I know I said last time I got behind that I would be better about keeping up.

I failed.

Our "regular" routine was shifted just a bit for a few weeks so that we could be in Kansas City to help the family with a little speed bump.

So, I dropped the blogging ball again.

But I will TRY reeeeeeeeally hard to keep up better! :)

So, on to the game of "catch up".......

When I fell off the face of the blogging planet, my BFF Amy had just finished with a visit with us here in Duluth.

Remember, I gave you background on Amy.

We are complete goobers!

So, anyway, we had a great visit!


We picked Amy up at the airport and spent the afternoon at the Mall of America.
First stop, Rainforest Cafe!


Then we decided to hit up the amusement park and take Landon on some rides.



Next up was the Bubble Festival.  I know, kid stuff. 
But, Amy and I always make fun times out of all our adventures!


I think Avery likes Amy too.....


So, of course, we hit up the Canal as well.  It is Duluth after all!





And we spent LOTS of time just chatting, catching up, discussing life....
....and poking fun at what brought us together in the first place:


So, after Amy's visit, we headed south to Kansas City.

We stayed with my mom, or Mimi, if you ask Landon. 

The kiddos just settled right in and assumed playtime as normal!



We saw the family just about every day, especially Auntie Lisa. 
It was soooo nice to get to hang out with my favorite sister! :)


And Avery started sitting up while we were there!!! 
(More on this and other milestones coming up later.....)


We also took the opportunity to spend an afternoon in Joplin with my Aunt and Uncle.

Landon LOVED playing with Uncle Brian....he ran him HARD!  It paid off....Landon slept almost all the way home! :)


The kiddos got to play with Cousin Eric too.  He is a goober for babies! :)


Landon enjoyed having a block building partner, and Aunt Sandy soaked up some baby love!


The main highlight of our Joplin day.....

......Avery got to meet Great Granny Goose!

That was a very special moment for both of them!!! 

But, alas, we had to head for home after a few weeks in KC. 

We had to get back to reality and back to life here in Duluth. 

After all, Landon started (gasp!!!) Preschool!!!!

Not sure I am ready for that, but we will have to discuss that another time.....

Back at home, it is already turning into fall. 

Leaves are changing and the air is crisp.

I even got to re-claim my deck!

Remember the Redneck A/C?

Well, I now have this awesome view back, complete with orange-leaved trees.
Makes me remember why I like Duluth!

Well, I think I am all caught up on life's adventures and events. 

Until next time......

........in (hopefully) less than a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment