Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2012

Oh Pinterest...

Confession:

I don't quite "get" Pinterest.

A while back, all I heard about was "pinning" and people finding dinner recipes on Pinterest and crafty things and everything else people who use Pinterest rave about.

So, I got invited and joined to see what all this fuss was all about.

I don't get it.

I have tried to look for specific things, but it seems you have to get on there and surf through all this random "stuff" even though your purpose was to find a crock pot recipe for soup using chicken, or whatever your purpose may have been.

So now I get at least 5 emails a week saying someone is "following" me on Pinterest.  I just wonder what they think they are following.....

Certainly nothing crafty!  :)

And how is this different from Facebook or Twitter or all the other "follow me" sites?

People "pin" pictures.  I can do that on Facebook.

People "pin" recipes.  I can do that on Facebook.

People "follow" others to see what they are up to.  I can do that with a blog.

Clearly, I am WAAAAAAY missing the point of Pinterest since so many people are avid "followers", but I just cannot get into it. 

Sorry to those of you who chose to follow me on Pinterest.......you will be following rather empty boards!

But if anyone wants an invitation to join, I suppose since I am "in the group" I can get you an invitation.

You just let me know and tell me how to invite you......

Happy "pinning" Pinterest followers!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am so sad to read this post! LOL!! I'm one of those crazy Pinner! I heart Pinterest. My thing is, that I pretend to be crafty...I like to make things and come up with creative things to do with Kali. And Pinterest give me one quick place to gather all of those things. So when I'm thinking "Hmmm...what was that crockpot recipe with chicken again?" I can find it on my "Yummy" board waiting for me to make it again! And all those genius Halloween costumes that I have never thought of myself, are all on my "Holiday" board for this year, so I can look like an awesome creative mom! LOL!! It's totally my crafty disguise! :-)
    ::Hops down off Pinterest soap box:: LOL! Hope you can find something fun about it though. It did take me a while to figure it out, too. FOLLOW ME: http://pinterest.com/steph0518/

    ReplyDelete