Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

What did he say???

It really is too bad Landon talks so fast and in such run-on sentences that half of what he says gets lost. 
 
He really can be quite funny!
 
Here are a few outtakes from recent days (yes, only a matter of days to come up with this stuff....)
 
Landon:  Mom, can I have a cookie treat after my bath?
Me:  I don't know yet, buddy.
Landon:  Must be a no then.
 
Landon sneezes.
Me:  Bless you.
Landon:  No, Mom, bless up!
 
At a restaurant, we ask Landon if he wants a hamburger.
He says yes.
We ask if he wants cheese on it.
He says "No, I just want the ham".
 
Playing outside shirtless (him, not me!), Landon looks at his chest and asks what those pink dots are.
I say those are nipples.
He says "Mom, you have boobies".
"Yes, girls have boobies. What do boys have?"
Landon says "Pecs".
After some thought......Landon:  "These are my peck nipples?"
Me:  Yep, I suppose they are.
The next day, he had "peckles"........
 
My little Rainman sometimes likes everything to match....plates with spoons, cups, etc.
Getting dressed one day, he picked out a Tshirt.
I got him a pair of jean shorts.
He says they didn't match.
I said "Blue jeans go with everything".
Landon said "Only things that are blue....."
 
Often, we hear ourselves telling Landon to keep his hands to himself.
Sometimes, especially when he is really upset to be told this, he will pretend that he is taking his hands off of his arms and yell "There, I just took them off!!"
I suppose they aren't hitting his sister now, though!
 
We are very interested in the daily schedule now and want to know what day it is to see what activity is on the agenda.
Landon: "What this time is?"
Translation:  What day is it?
Took us a while to figure that one out too!
 
Yesterday, I went into my bedroom to get dressed and Landon was hot on my heels.
I told him he had to wait for me, I would only be a minute.
He asked why.
I said I needed privacy.
His response:  "But I want privacy too!!!"
When I came out, he ran in and looked around then asked me where privacy was......
 
This kid wants to wear his winter hat everyday outside, and sometimes his coat and mittens.
We do live in Duluth, however, it is not THAT cold.
He will go outside and say "But mom, it is cold! The trees are shaking!"
In other words, the wind is blowing the trees, so they are shaking and must be cold.
 
I think I could argue that I should be considered bi-lingual!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment