Search This Blog

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Is There a Doctor in the House???

Well, yes there is!!
 
At least there is a new one in the family, not so much our exact house, per say.....
 
But, nonetheless, we have an official, bonafide, signed and stamped DOCTOR!
 
Congrats Dr. Lisa Miller!
 
We made a quick run down to KC this past weekend to witness the graduation to celebrate a LOT of hard work from Lisa (Adam's sister, for those who didn't know....).
 
I was happy to play the part of "paparazzi" throughout the ceremony......
 
Here she is with her class: 
 
And then I did a little sneaky maneuvers to get a little closer to the group.... 
 
I figured that since I got right up there with the class, I may as well take a quick "selfie" with the grad..... 
....forgot the zoom......
 
Good thing the grads walked right past us to get up to the stage...no sneaking required! 
 
But, when you take a while to change camera angles or get focused, somebody may get a little impatient!
"Hurry up, Diana!!" 
 
So, as self appointed special media correspondent, I thought our side view was not good enough for a good shot of the actual part where she got her hood.
So I walked (or crawled, depending on your definition) to the front row where all the professors and doctors were sitting.  One man was nice enough to smile and chuckle as I said "Excuse me, we are THAT family" and proceed to practically sit in his lap.
I think I got a pretty decent shot.... 
 
Quick hand shake and off she goes.... 
 
Proud family!  The Original Four...... 
 
....and the rest of us crazy Miller's! 
 
So our trip to KC was, obviously, for Lisa, but that doesn't mean we didn't have a little fun on the side too!
 
Our first stop was actually Home Depot so we could do a little project for my mom.
 
Avery got to help Daddy a bit! 
 
The weather was awesome, so we hung out outside a lot.....even with our snacks!
Chips and dip anyone?? 
 
Landon got some Bompa time.... 
 
....and Nana time! 
 
Mimi got to snuggle on Avery a bit too!  :) 
 
Did I mention the weather was AWESOME?!!  We just sat outside for kicks and grins, just to soak up the sun! 
 
We also saw our friends, Pat and Lori.  Landon is betrothed to their daughter, Maddy.  He just doesn't know it yet.... 
 
....good thing he likes her!  
 
And Avery has her match in Tyler....it is destiny, we will see to it! 
 
And although I did not grab a picture of the several times we had good old BBQ (mainly because I was too busy stuffing  my face with it!!), I did get a shot of the kids enjoying another KC treat.....Sheridan's frozen custard. 
Not a bad way to end a busy trip! 
 
Now, next time we see Dr. Lisa Miller, it will be to move her up to Minnesota for her residency.
Did I tell you it is with Mayo??  Like, THE Mayo??
Yep, she's a smarty pants like that!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment