Search This Blog

Friday, March 29, 2013

Egg-cellent Day!

It is not every day I get creative and crafty.
 
In fact, it is not every week.....
 
But, I saw this idea and figured it was something even I can do!
 
With Easter coming up, the typical activity is to dye eggs.
 
Since having kids, I wanted to do the activity, but knowing how MESSY it can be, and knowing my son, I have avoided it!
 
But, I saw this idea to use shaving cream and food coloring to roll the eggs in, and I was willing to try.
 
It was a HIT!!!!
 

 
Even Avery got in on the action! 
 
Mess #1.... 
 
.....and Mess #2: 
 
Landon decided it would be fun to dye his arms too.... 
 
You know she HAD to get a taste in.......
 
....so aren't you glad she had Cool Whip instead of shaving cream??  

 
Yep.....REALLY glad it was Cool Whip!! 
 
Looks like someone had a good time! 
 
And although the eggs were colored and swirly when they first came out of the cream, as soon as you wiped them off, they lost almost all the color...... 
 
But, it was still a fun activity, and probably one we will do again.....
 
Maybe I will be more daring next time and put more color in the cream to help it stick!


No comments:

Post a Comment