Search This Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Blessings Abound

So for the past few weeks I have felt completely showered on with blessings. Not that I was never blessed before, but lately it has just been such an eye opener.

Part of me is so happy I can hardly contain it.
Another part thinks everything is just going to come crashing down at any second because I am NEVER this lucky and things are so good, I have nowhere to go but down.
Then another part remembers years ago when Adam and I would say "When is it OUR turn?".

Let's start at the beginning......
Since staying home, the biggest challenge for us has been learning to accept "no" for an answer when we just can't afford to do as many frivilous things.  One thing on our never ending list of projects was to get Landon a play set. 
But have you seen how expensive those things can be?????!!!!
Then one day, a guy Adam works with calls and says "I am tired of mowing around this playset in my back yard.  Do you want to take it home?"
OMG....

For FREE!!!

Then, since we moved, I have struggled to find my "niche" as a newly SAHM, adjust to a new city, find friends, etc, etc......
And one day, I meet Shayna.
Shayna got me to MOPS.
MOPS introdiced me to a whole community of SAHMs.
MOPS is where I met Dana.
Dana owns Children Stay N Play.
Perfection.

Remember how I said a big challenge has been financially adjusting to our new limitations under one income? 
Then comes Dana who offered me a job as a teacher at her daycare, where I can take Landon for FREE!!

Again, perfection!

Then, just this week, I got a phone call.....

from a director at College of St. Scholastica here in Duluth.

She offered me a job teaching adjunct at the college!!!!
I will be teaching online.
I am teaching graduate students. 
This is not one, but TWO feet in the door.
I get paid......
......to work from home in my PJs.
They want to work around my schedule with pregnancy and due dates.

Do I even need to say it again???  
PERFECTION

 And let me not forget to say that clearly this is not all luck and good fortune.  Nor is it anything to do with good works or "being owed" a good thing.
This is purely and completely a GOD THING!
Plain and simple.
Every coupon that comes in the mail for exactly the thing I am needing, every person I meet who teaches me something new, every perfectly timed instance of pure chance, is a gift from God.
Even when I completely forget that I left dinner on the stove and it comes out like this:

Yes, I really did this.....
But even then, I am reminded that God is in control and He will take care of ALL our needs. 
Something completely ruined and seemingly hopeless can be turned into something wonderful and full of promise and security. 

Even burned dinners....

(Much better than the first try, especially when I didn't forget about it!)

May you all have blessings abound and find several reasons to be thankful this season. 
I know I have quite a few! 

1 comment: